Thanks to our sponsors, we are announcing some special prizes for the winning teams! Local and global Startup Weekend sponsors are also providing some awesome perks, swag, and resources for all attendees.
The Winners’ Circle
- Twin Cities StartupWeekend EDU is providing a $500 credit to the winning team for the Minnesota co-location work space or technology development consulting service of their choice.
- Oppenheimer is providing three hours of free legal consulting services covering new business formation, including entity selection and related documentation.
- Gener8tor, is offering the top two finishers an automatic interview to their next accelerator program (Milwaukee 2014). Gener8tor is a startup accelerator that invests its community, capital, expertise, mentors and network in capable, early-stage entrepreneurs with innovative business models. More at http://www.f6s.com/gener8tormilwaukee2014
- Pearson Catalyst, will connect with the winning team to provide mentorship and advice.
- Blinkist is providing access and subscriptions to its new mobile app providing the main insights from leading titles in Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Management, Finance (all digestible within your “micro downtimes”, say commuting or waiting). All participants receive a 30-day free premium subscription while the winning team receives a 1 year premium subscription, the second place team a 6 month premium subscription, and the third place team a 3 month premium subscription.
We are also excited to highlight several global Startup Weekend resources and sponsors – check out the below for information about Google bootcamps, free domain registration, and more!
- .CO is proud to support Startup Weekend by providing all participants with the opportunity for a free 12-month .CO domain registration. Don’t settle for a lame name with dashes or missing vowels — get a short, memorable, user friendly domain name to launch your startup this weekend! Find an available .CO name via http://nameyour.co/ and use the promo code provided by your organizer to get your .CO at http://www.go.co/startupweekend. (thanks @dotco!)
- Google is providing everyone a $500 of credit to build startups on Google App Engine and Google Compute Engine. Redeem at:cloud.google.com/starterpack (verification code: swoff-org). (thanks @google!)
- Built with the same technology that powers Amazon.com, Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides start-ups and businesses with a secure, reliable, easy-to scale, low-cost computing platform “in the cloud.” AWS is issuing all SW participants a credit voucher valued at $100 which can be applied to an existing account and is good until 12 months from issue. Please follow the instructions on startupweekend.org/aws to sign up for AWS and redeem the promotional code provided by your SW Organizer. (thanks @awscloud!)
- Orchestrate is providing 3-months of usage ($120 value) to any team that uses Orchestrate to build their app this weekend, as further detailed at info.orchestrate.io/startupweekend